cubecartforums.com??????

Dirty Butter

I have also received an invitation but will be very unlikely to join or participate as I think this is misguided at best and potentially divisive. There are quite a few reasons for this :

1) The CubeCart community is still quite small and it seems to me that this will simply divide it further.  There is already a second forum which was setup to serve a different target area and there has always been crossover and confusion with some people, having a third is certainly going to make this much more so.

2) I think including posts from the "Official CubeCart News & Updates" could be mistaken as official sanction or promotion of this new forum - I don't think this is likely but is a question for Al as it is his copyright and name being used.

3) The idea of improving documentation, both from a developer and user point of view, is a very good one and something sorely missing with CubeCart.  However, there is already an official wiki that was meant for this purpose although it has never really been used but would be a much better location in my view.

4) Starting a marketplace offering free / paid skins and plugins is certainly divisive and will potentially take revenue away from CubeCart.  Developers have always been able to sell their own products via their own websites but to setup this, in direct competition, is wrong in my opinion.

5) Having a thread for each skin / plugin is a good idea and one that I have been discussing with Al for a little while. It would be a forum to promote products in the official CubeCart marketplace and also answer pre sales type questions.

6) There is already official areas to show off CubeCart websites

In short, while a couple of the stated aims are laudable, these can easily be achieved in other ways and so I don't see that this will help the wider CubeCart community at all.

Ian