Payment options

Ggib

Please can you explain how we sort our cube cart store so that the only way in which to pay for anything is via PayPal? At the moment although I thought we only had PayPal selected as an option, there also seems to be the option of paying by credit card displayed at the checkout screen. How do we get rid of this? 

Thanks

If in admin, Manage Plugins, you have only PayPal selected as a "gateway" and/or as a "plugin", then all you have available is PayPal.

However, as I just said, PayPal comes as a simple gateway, and also as a more complicated plugin.

Both the gateway and the plugin show as choices in the radio-button list of methods to pay. Both the gateway and plugin allow for CubeCart to show whatever image is available: PayPal logo or an image of credit card logos.

The PayPal plugin offers one or two additional points of click to make payment by PayPal: another radio-button selection (I think) and a big orange "Alternate Method" button under the Checkout button on the Checkout screen.

If you are using Paypal Standard the button shows up and that links them to Paypal to pay. If they choose to use a credit card once at Paypal, I don't think you can force it to automatically reject credit card payments through Paypal.  I use Pro, and it has a setting that requires Paypal Confirmed address, which would restrict it somewhat.  Not sure if standard has that or not but it is an option.  Otherwise you would need to review payments.  If you are worried about fraud, there are some setting that you can use within your paypal account to reduce the risk of payments. Fraud hasn't been huge for us.  After awhile, it gets pretty easy to spot a fraudulent transaction.  Usually you will see multiple purchase attempts from the same person, a US/UK based address with a delivery location elsewhere (out of the country) or some other suspicious flag.  If a transaction seems hinky, I will call the person up and ask them to verify the information information.  Everytime I have done this the phone number was a fake and I just cancel the order.

PayPal Express has a number of options, one of which is to host your own Credit Card Gateway. (which you don't want)

Enter in to the PP module config page, in the mode section, choose any option other than the one which mentions 'Hosted'. Hosted is what is dispalying the credit card capture screen

If you just want a normal Paypal, then the best solution for you, would be to remove the PP-Express module and install PayPal Standard instead.

ppcheckout.jpg