Contact Form Settings

keat

In the 'Contact Form Settings' is a line ' Form submissions should be sent to'

What does this do exactly.. I have a number of departments configured, so do I need anything in ' Form submissions should be sent to '

This is optional. If left blank, CubeCart will send the Contact Us form data to the store's main email address (Store Settings, Advanced tab, "Sender's email address"). Otherwise, you may enter an email address where all customer contacts are dealt with.

However, if the customer chose a department, the form details are sent to the department's email address instead of the above.

2 hours ago, bsmither said:

However, if the customer chose a department, the form details are sent to the department's email address instead of the above.

Mine are getting sent to the Department AND to the main email address. Maybe it's something I'm causing with some code edit I've made? I'd love to stop the one to the main email address.

Not according to the code I see in CC6012. At around line 1375, if there is no error, $email is assigned the specific Contact Us email address (or the store's main email address).

Then, if the customer has chosen a department, and that department has an email address associated with it, the $email variable is overwritten with that department's email address.

I'm now a little confused.

I have about 6 departments listed.

If i try to fill out the contact us form, it will not proceed without a department being chosen.

So I don't see the point in the email address in the ' Form submissions should be sent to ' field.

If I choose to send an email to sales, then it goes to sales and not ' Form submissions should be sent to '

I'm using the Mican skin by the way, maybe it's related ?

48 minutes ago, keat said:

So I don't see the point in the email address in the ' Form submissions should be sent to ' field.

That field is there so that standard form submissions can be sent to a different address than the store default (the one where order notifications are sent). If it is left blank the form submission will be sent to the store default email.

If the section below is set up for individual departments then the email entered in the ' Form submissions should be sent to ' field. is ignored.

The file I am referring to is: /classes/cubecart.class.php

in the _contact() function.

If Departments are established for the Contact Us form, then, yes, the HTML (javascript enforced) will show that the choice of a Department is required.

I suppose the argument goes that if a company has departments to handle related queries, then the the visitor will need to use them. As such, perhaps having an "All other queries" department with no email address (each department having an email address is optional, by the way) so as to use the 'Form submissions should be sent to' field.