Error ..

jka

I was noticing this error in the log files. Any input?

mod_fcgid: stderr: PHP Warning: file_exists() [<a href='http://docs.php.net/manual/en/function.file-exists.php'>function.file-exists.php</a>]: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/var/lib/php/session) is not within the allowed path(s):

It's a server side configuration, so the open_basedir needs to be configured correctly for your site. Or, you can override the sessions config and place it within a directory in your store. If you have this issue the cart normally tells you and provides instructions on how to set that up.

I think it would be the path that is in the complaint that would need to be added:
/var/lib/php/session

Unless what you changed was the location to PHP's session path setting. In which case, a distinct /session/ folder within the CubeCart installed folder would be appropriate.

I did a little bit more of research on this issue. Our CC store works perfectly fine except for those php warnings in the log related to /var/lib/php/session 

The easy fix was to add this in the open_basedir. However I am curious why this session variable CC_ROOT_DIR is looking at /var/lib/php and not at the CCStore directory which the rest of the app is properly working.

Any pointers on where this sessions config file is located and to change it?