[Resolved] Facebook, twitter and Google+

peterp

Hi All,

I am trying to get facebook to work from the general stores settings but unfortunately when I select the facebook icon on either the product details page or a site document I end up with a message that says:

Sorry, this feature isn't available right now: An error occurred while processing this request. Please try again later

I'm using the version 6.1.3 and the skin template is Mican

I must be missing something in my setup but for the life of me cannot see what so if somebody could help I would really appreciate it

Best Regards,

Peterp

Hi Dirty Butter,

Thankyou for your fast response, unfortunately there is no real url for this site as it is under development and is only on a localhost machine. I was trying to demonstrate the feature a client so this is why I need it to work.

Any further help will be very much appreciated

Best Regards,

Peterp

Hi Brian,

The message appears in popup screen that looks like it is trying to load a web page and the message appears in this popup screen. The screen I was in originally was a detail of a product so I tried a document site and the same thing occurred. what sort of entry should I have in store settings general for facebook, I have tried an url that looks like this "https://facebook.com/vinylrulesmusic" I have also tried my own facebook username which looks like this "peter.prentice.39" and with all these entry I get the same result. So what should I be entering in this field and example would be helpful if I'm doing it wrong.

Thanks for your help it is very much appreciated

Best Regards,

Peterp

There is a disconnect between CC61X and the Mican skin.

In CC61X, the admin Store Settings, General tab, has a list of Social Accounts, in which for each entry, you enter the social account's URL or user name. These entries pass through some validation checks at GUI->_displaySocial(). Finally, the URLs are given to the template variable SOCIAL_LINKS and the template file element.social.php is rendered. This does not work with Mican (unless the template is made to work with CC6 in this way).

CC61X also collects up the social plugins found in /modules/social/. Each plugin should have a function called getButtonHTML(). The HTML that this function creates is given to the template variable SHARE in Cubecart->_product() and ->_document().

The list of URLs you can add in Store Settings (for Foundation and compatible skins) is not the same as the collection of social plugins you install (originally for CC5 compatible skins, as well as Foundation and compatible skins).

So, see if there is a Facebook Social Plugin at the MarketPlace.

Hi Brian,

So correct me if I'm wrong but what you are saying is that for ver 6 of cubecart the admin Store Settings, General tab, has a list of Social Accounts doesn't work for the skin MICAN. Is there a way to make this template work, as I have downloaded from the market place a facebook plugin and it failed as well. It shows the facebook like button the the documents and the product detail however when you click on it just comes back with the word 'error' in red.

CC61X also collects up the social plugins found in /modules/social/. Each plugin should have a function called getButtonHTML(). The HTML that this function creates is given to the template variable SHARE in Cubecart->_product() and ->_document().

I'm sorry but I don't quite understand where the line above is supposed to be, and will this fix my problem.

Thanks again

best regards,

Peterp

"Is there a way to make Mican work with the SOCIAL_LINKS?"

Working with Mican, make these edits:

In common.css, find near line 90:

#header #boxes, #main_body, #header #cart_box, #documents {
	-moz-border-radius: 10px;
	border-radius: 10px;
	-webkit-border-radius: 10px;
}

Change to:

#header #boxes, #main_body, #header #cart_box, #documents, #social_list {
	-moz-border-radius: 10px;
	border-radius: 10px;
	-webkit-border-radius: 10px;
}

Find near line 225 a series of six rules for #documents. COPY these rules to a new blank line after them. Change the copied rules from #document to #social_list
In layout.css, find near line 5:

#header #boxes, #header #cart_box, #main_body, #documents {
	border: 6px solid #989898;
	background-color: #FFF;
}

Change to:

#header #boxes, #header #cart_box, #main_body, #documents, #social_list {
	border: 6px solid #989898;
	background-color: #FFF;
}

There are three rules for #documents near lines 30, 33, and 46. COPY these three rules to a new blank line after the third rule. Change the copied rules from #documents to #social_links
Create a new template named element.social.php and for its contents:

<ul class="documents">
      <strong>{$LANG.common.follow_us}:</strong>
      {foreach from=$SOCIAL_LINKS item=link}
      <li><a href="{$link.url}" title="{$link.name}" target="_blank">{$link.name}</a></li>
      {/foreach}
   </ul>
In the template main.php, find near line 83:

<div id="documents">{if isset($SKIN_SELECT)}{$SKIN_SELECT}{/if} {$SITE_DOCS}</div>

Change to:

<div id="documents">{if isset($SKIN_SELECT)}{$SKIN_SELECT}{/if} {$SITE_DOCS}</div>
<div id="social_list">{$SOCIAL_LIST}</div>