Sitemap on page next release cubecart update?

masterunix

Hello,

For SEO purposes it is nice to have a Sitemap in every webstore. Also other e-commerce platforms are providing this out of the box.

I bought a Sitemap module from modindex, but i think this feature need to be inside of Cubecart.

Might be an idea to create this and update in next release?

With Sitemap i dont mean sitemaps that you feed to Google, but a sitemap to browse your website and for search engines to easy understand for following the links and it is sometimes good for indexing.

Hello bsmither,

I am not sure if i understand your question, but the useful thing about Sitemap is not really for the user (however the user can browse to each category and documents page, but also choose a letter from the alphabet to see all products by letter), but it is more build for search engines.

Spiders will craw the Sitemap and it will read and follow all links found in the Sitemap. In this case your sitemap.xml should match with the sitemap.html and your indexing and ranking will increase.

Without this sitemap mod my sitemap.xml was freezing since the day i use Cubecart (3 months roughly) in Webmaster Tool. Now 2 days later with the regular Sitemap added (mod that i bought) all my pages are now indexed and shown in Google webmaster tool.

Sitemap is really needed for search engines and like northwalesinks says ... opencart as it also and i think other shops also like Magento or Prestashop.

Its a must for each webshop (even websites!)

It's free and so is Bing/Yahoo.

Bing's was a little hard to find - http://www.bing.com/toolbox/webmaster

Google's - https://www.google.com/settings/products?hl=en 

See Merchant Feed and Webmaster Tools - one is for sitemap and the other is for product export feed - but I can never remember which is which.

Bsmither helped me automate my export feed. See

I create a new sitemap within CC often, and that keeps the sitemap "fresh". The timestamp built into the sitemap feed doesn't need to go stale, anyway, as it lowers your page rank when it does.

I also use https://merchant.thefind.com as another free way to promote products with that same export feed. They REQUIRE the product export feed be no more than a week old, or they won't show your listings.

I've had no trouble getting all 3,000+ pages indexed by Google. But I don't wait for them - I have a daily feed uploaded to Google Merchant via Google's page. And I was able to do the same thing with Bing/Yahoo.

Yes it can be, but in general a Sitemap is needed each webshop solution has it out of the box so why Cubecart doesn have it out of the box? It doesn't hurt to implement it.

Customers get used to it just like search engines so why Cubecart doesn't have a Sitemap.html link with all links?

It is good for indexing and ranking even if all your links are already cached in Google.

I think they should implement it in the next future updates else Cubecart is behind its time since all other shopping carts provide it ;)

As I am sure you can appreciate we simply can't integrate everything. Is this really a standard feature on all other carts? .. Maybe it is. 

Obviously we take note of all feature requests. These come from many channels and this one isn't common. 

What reasons do you think you need a sitemap? I was having a read of this interesting article. I don't know if its opinions are generally right or wrong.

http://www.forestsoftware.co.uk/do-i-need-a-site-map.html

Most CubeCart have all product categories on the navigation menu and links to documents on every page. We do however support Google Sitemaps out of the box. 

As I am sure you can appreciate we simply can't integrate everything. Is this really a standard feature on all other carts? .. Maybe it is. 

Obviously we take note of all feature requests. These come from many channels and this one isn't common. 

What reasons do you think you need a sitemap? I was having a read of this interesting article. I don't know if its opinions are generally right or wrong.

http://www.forestsoftware.co.uk/do-i-need-a-site-map.html

Most CubeCart have all product categories on the navigation menu and links to documents on every page. We do however support Google Sitemaps out of the box. 

It is recommended for large websites ;) so it depends for each shop owner, but for us it is really needed thats why we bought the module from a third party, because we have over 10.000 products and we also run another webshop with over 300 categories and 8.000 products so for us it is needed and maybe other customers with a huge number of products or categories it is good to have it. Anyway i have the module and bought it, but i was thinking for future updates and other customers it might come in handy.