Attempting to Empty Basket in Small Formation Triggers All Alerts

onebrowncow

On the checkout page when in the narrowest responsive mode attempts to reduce the qty and update the basket triggers alerts for all fields not completed and the product quantity is not reduced / removed from basket. Appears to only happen when the foundation skin is in small mode.

cart-alert.jpg

A similar response occurs in the checkout page in any size variant if a customer chooses to change the shipping method before completing all required fields.

A customer is unable to select a different shipping method from the basket at the bottom of the checkout page before completing all required fields.

Some may argue that the page should be completed from top to bottom however we all know may people read a newspaper from back to front.

I had previously tried taking the Checkout button off the mini-basket completely, but had a customer write that they did not then get the View Basket button, either. So I put the Checkout button back. It had worked correctly in my testing, but she was not helpful in what she did differently that made it not work. I wanted to go straight to View Basket so they had an opportunity to use the Shipping Estimator.

I had previously tried taking the Checkout button off the mini-basket completely, but had a customer write that they did not then get the View Basket button, either. So I put the Checkout button back. It had worked correctly in my testing, but she was not helpful in what she did differently that made it not work. I wanted to go straight to View Basket so they had an opportunity to use the Shipping Estimator.

This is getting a little off topic from the original problem Dirty Butter but I've tried removing the follow code in the template box.basket.content.php

<!--<div><a href="{$STORE_URL}/index.php?_a=checkout" class="button success expand nomarg">
      {if $CONFIG.ssl == 1}<i class="fa fa-lock"></i> 
      {$LANG.basket.basket_secure_checkout}{else}{$LANG.basket.basket_checkout}{/if}
      </a></div>-->

and here in my example the code for the checkout button of the mini basket has just been commented out to disable that line of code and the results work just fine. See picture of large and mobile mini basket I've encountered no issues while testing it as you say having view basket forces them to the view basket page rather than skipping direct to checkout

view-basket-only.jpg

Edited by onebrowncow

That's what I had done as well. Be sure you test it by logging out of admin and clearing cookies. I can't reproduce the problem, either, but I don't have a smart phone to try it on. I just know she said she didn't have a button. Luckily she wanted the toy badly enough to write.

Hi Dirty Butter. So far I've tested this hack on an ipad, a Windows 7 laptop and an iPhone 4s  and the button always appears and links to the view basket page without fail. I will try it on the iMac later and I will see if I can find a few friends with other smart phones and report back.

Update: just been tried on an iPhone 5s now as well without any issues

Edited by onebrowncow
update to post

• 1 month later...