[Resolved] Shop not showing after deleting Setup folder

WalterL48

I'm using version 6.0.7 (installed 6.0.6 from my website's control panel) and noticed an alert saying to delete the setup folder. After doing so my shop is no longer available. I downloaded the full version and transferred the setup folder, but still no luck.

The Admin part still works, although after saving a product it doesn't take me back to anything. I have to reload the page.

Are you using the stock Foundation skin? If not, what? Had you made code edits or are you using any mods/plugins? Have you tried disabling all your mods/plugins to see if that makes a change on the front end?

See http://www.cubecartforums.org/index.php?showtopic=19420 Have you replaced the faulty 6.0.7 file? Not sure if it could cause your issue or not, but does need fixing.

I'm using the e-tone skin. I tried upgrading to 6.0.7 again from my control panel, but that didn't help.

The only plugin I've added is the USPS shipping. Disabling had no effect.

Thanks for the tips DB.

Everything was working fine with the update until I deleted the setup folder.

Edited by WalterL48

Please enable Debug, if you don't have it enabled already. Also, please use something like the Developer Tools in FireFox and watch the Network traffic when you click to see the front end of the store. Look for what the POST says and maybe the GET, too.

I can't help past suggesting this, but the info from these tools might give a clue to someone else.

In the error log at 10-Sep-2015 06:41:33, it seems CubeCart was verifying extracted files against the list of files from the archive package. There was one file that seemed to be zero bytes in length. But I do not know what file that would be -- this is an update, right? So, there may be a CubeCart file that carried over past the update that is zero-bytes in size.

But your main problem is that your version of PHP running your site does not have the "Multi-Byte String" extension installed. MBString functions are necessary to properly deal with unicode characters.

Please contact your hosting provider and have them enable the MBString extension for your PHP.

Don't know what happened, but it just came back. I did try a restore from Cpanel. Plus I put in a ticket to my provider. I'll let you know if it's anything that they did. Thanks all for your help.

Note from host:

I changed the PHP version for the account from the native one which is 5.5 to 5.4 and enabled the mbstring extension via the 'Change PHP version' section in the cPanel control panel.

Edited by WalterL48