Product reviews not working right

keat

Assuming you are running latest version 6, have you tried switching to stock foundation skin and testing then ?  Bear in mind that Mican is a V5 skin and while it should work in most V6 stores, it is not being updated with each V6 release and so eventually something may break or not work properly.  I dont know about reviews in Mican but the potential is always there with this and the other V5 skins. All the original V5 skins are not responsive and so will fail the Google Mobile Friendly test and therefore in my opinion should not be used any longer.  Use / customise stock Foundation skin or purchase one of the commercial skins that are based on that

Ian

I've just tested Mican with CC6 and from the Category List, the link that is shown for "4.0 average, based on 5 reviews" is of the non-SEO style: index.php?_a=product&product_id=1.

That link does eventually get me to the list of reviews on the Product page.

The foundation skin doesn't have the hyperlink at cat level.

I've narrowed this down.. If I search for my product, and then click on the reviews it takes me back to the home page,

index.php?search[keywords]=il22_a=product&product_id=27#reviews

If I navigate to the product category and click on the reviews it works ?

/small-17-led-torch-superbright.html#reviews

Ok, the part about the search is causing the problem. I can confirm the malformed link is created as a result of a search.

This link is not coded into the HTML, {$product.review_info}, on the Foundation skin.

The problem exists in CubeCart (CC608, at least) because that's where the link is created.

26 minutes ago, Dirty Butter said:

If you're talking about stock Foundation not having sidebar category menu - SFWS has an excellent plugin to fix that.

If you are talking about that, then I would also agree that the Vertical Navigation Menu plugin is excellent and we have built in the use of this into all of our current V6 skins - you still need to purchase a licence to use the plugin in addition to our skin, but the code is already in place in our skins to auto switch to using a sidebar category menu if that plugin is installed and enabled - you can see it in operation in each of our 3 skins on https://www.cubecart-demo.co.uk - "Retail Therapy" and "Nautical" are already available in the marketplace and "Party Time" will be shortly but in the meantime is available directly from our website

Ian

3 hours ago, bsmither said:

Ok, the part about the search is causing the problem. I can confirm the malformed link is created as a result of a search.

This link is not coded into the HTML, {$product.review_info}, on the Foundation skin.

The problem exists in CubeCart (CC608, at least) because that's where the link is created.

I took this entry out of the Blue Mican skin, and now the link has gone.

I'd rather the link not be there than it be there and not work.