Redirect when checking out

svrabel

The URL is using the non-SSL protocol, http. When starting the checkout process, CubeCart will switch to the SSL protocol, https, if you have a SSL certificate installed on the server.

Do you have a SSL Cert installed?

No.

Obviously, this is weird.

You have said that these reports are coming in just recently. And this customer has now used a different browser.

So, it's recent, not browser specific, I have not seen any other postings on the forum with a similar complaint (although Dirty Butter says she is having some issues with CC5212 but has not yet said what they are). Did the second report by the customer say the problem occurred at the same time - starting checkout?

Do you think Hostgator can be blamed?

I'm getting to the ?_a=confirm stage (asking for billing/delivery addresses).

The cookie domain field was initially blank as has now been populated. Is that used even when an SSL certificate is not installed?

Brian,

All problems have been at the same point. If the cookie domain setting doesn't fix it, I'll be contacting hostgator. There was another identical problem last night from a different customer, but I haven't been able to get her browser information yet.

@Al,

I haven't fomalized my conclusions yet, but I have run into issues regarding the cookie-domain, coupled with CubeCart's use of PHPSESSID as the session/cookie name.

Under my domain name, I have a myriad of applications and some use the PHP default of PHPSESSID and some specify PHPSESSID.

For example, when I have SugarCRM showing in a browser, there is no way I can login to a Cubecart admin in the same domain. The browser sends back an existing PHPSESSID cookie that CubeCart does not know about. Because of that, (if I recall) CubeCart consistently says the form has an invalid security token.

I have had to modify ini.inc.php to give the CubeCart session name something unique: CC5210SESSID, for example.

How the cookie-domain setting affects the above behavior has not been completely analyzed as yet. I just needed to find a fix so that I can have more than one app working in my browser.

Any ideas? This is still a problem - I have a customer that has tried MSIE 11 and the latest build of Chrome. Is it possible that she is being redirected to the following URL based on her settings?