Jump to content

Strange code - top left of home page


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think someone will have to do some deep diagnostics to find where this is.

You could get lucky and find it right away in one of the template files.

Use FTP or your hosting account's control panel's file manager to scan for the file most recently changed by date.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not a language or file type encoding issue. The black diamonds (is the browser's way of saying) these characters are not printable.

To eliminate CubeCart, create a very simple index.html file in CubeCart's home directory.

<html><head></head><body>Hello World!</body></html>

Then request that specific file: www.example.com/index.html

If the glitch is there, then something else is causing it.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like Bsmither is working on this. Maybe what he has written in GitHub will give you a direction to work from???? Certainly means nothing useful to me.


On 11/15/2019 at 6:48 AM, vidmarc said:

I'm a bit stumped on this to be honest. The code is appearing on all pages.

I just tried to re-upload the latest version but I can't overwrite as it says it's already been updated.

I have gotten around that refusal to re-install by backing down the version number in ini.inc.php before trying a re-install. You might also have to delete the database record in the History table. It's been a while and I've forgotten.

I'm on Havenswift's server and am not having this issue on any install. Is there anything at all unusual about either of your hosting situations?

Also, based on the wording of Bsmither's GitHub report - take a look at the places in Admin that display times - all look OK? (Again, I'm stabbing in the dark here)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I am thinking that this Smarty function file won't cause the problem if the skin does not have Smarty's {combine} command. (See Foundation's template element.css.php.)

But this seems to happen as well on skins that are not Foundation. So, still looking for likely suspects.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks to me like I DO have the combine command. 

<link href="//fonts.googleapis.com/css?family=Open+Sans:400,700" rel="stylesheet" type='text/css'>
{assign var=css_input value=[   'skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/css/normalize.css',
{foreach from=$CSS key=css_keys item=css_files}
    {$css_input[] = $css_files}
{if !empty($SKIN_SUBSET)}
    {$css_input[] = 'skins/{$SKIN_FOLDER}/css/cubecart.{$SKIN_SUBSET}.css'}
{combine input=$css_input output='cache/css.{$SKIN_FOLDER}.css' age='604800' debug=$CONFIG.debug||!$CONFIG.cache}

I use a heavily modified Foundation skin. It has it's own naming config:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<skin version="3.1">
	UIDs can be generated on the unix/linux command line using `uuid -v4`, or you can use any string, as long as you think it wont accidentally be picked by anyone else
	A good example of the latter would be something like '[email protected]'. While not necessarily an active email address, it's a pretty good approximation of a unique key
	<uid>[email protected]</uid>
	<!-- Please leave this as foundation if your custom skin derives from it -->
	<display><![CDATA[MY Blue]]></display>
	<!-- This skin is versioned within the master package if you use this as a base for a custom skin please replace n/a with a version number for each release in the marketplace. -->
	<creator>CubeCart Limited</creator>


Link to comment
Share on other sites

I down graded too CC625 just to see, and still had it. So not to sure what's going on as far as when it started. But then again, i didn't realize it until yesterday when starting to troubleshoot my issue that I'm having with new users not being able to register for a new account nor checkout. Only for new users, it all works fine with logged in users.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've noticed a lack of orders since the last upgrade and that code appearing too.

15 hours ago, bsmither said:

Debugging needs to be disabled for my suspicions to be possible. I believe the errant characters would not appear with debugging enabled.

Enabling debugging won't switch on.

I'm also unable to to disable caching

Link to comment
Share on other sites


This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Create New...