• 4 weeks later...

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's fairly similar. Braintree is being targeted towards larger enterprises now. PayPal Commerce gives you more granular 3D secure control and alternative payment methods such as PayPal Credit, G

We don't have a sandbox version I'm afraid. I don't think the integration supports Google or ApplePay either. I don't know if they are considered competing wallets?! 

The Lightning Bolt gives you an install "token". In CubeCart's admin, Manage Extensions, enter the token in the Token text entry field. Then click Go. Or, depending on the module type (gatew

Posted Images

Sadly we are still experiencong problems with this plugin, and have had to mothball the site until this is fixed.

Numerous problems.

"I just tried again and at the checkout screen after I tap on pay with PayPal it shows me a symbol like a padlock and sends me back to the checkout screen. I hope this info helps."

Sale is live now but tons of people are unable to check out. Like TONS. Need assistance ASAP. Can you help? 

• 4 weeks later...

This should all be fixed up now in the 1.3.11 release. Onboarding is now resolved thank to the help from the guys at PayPal. 

ALso if the front end is returning JS errors please upgrade to 1.3.11 then disconnect and then reconnect via the module configuration page and all should be ok. 

• 2 weeks later...

Is this only for UK, France, Italy, Spain - or is it going to work for all countries including Australia/New Zealand?

Is this only for Cubecart 6.2.9 and php 7.4.7, or will it work for older versions like 6.1.14 and php 7.0.33 (or older v6 cubecarts and php 5.6)?

More generally, are plugin updates being recommended by cubecart always compatible with the version of cubecart and php that is currently installed?

Generally, that cannot be said. For example,

Noodleman's plugins require a specific version of that plugin to match the version of PHP and matching ionCube loader being used. It may take a short amount of time before a relevant encoded version becomes available for the newest version of PHP for any of his plugins.

CubeCart skins originally developed for CC5 will most likely run in the latest version of CC6, but these skins won't be updated to implement the complete range of functionality CC6 offers.

If you are referring to the announcements that your installation of CubeCart fetches from CubeCart HQ about available new versions of extensions that you have installed, I do not yet know 100% if there is any "version-check" being done when requesting these announcements.

On 6/27/2020 at 6:19 PM, bsmither said:

Noodleman's plugins require a specific version of that plugin to match the version of PHP and matching ionCube loader being used. It may take a short amount of time before a relevant encoded version becomes available for the newest version of PHP for any of his plugins

This also applies to our plugins and we will always make available versions of each plugin suitable for PHP 5.6 and 7.0, a second version suitable for PHP 7.1 and finally a version suitable for PHP 7.2 and 7.3.   Currently ioncube have not released loaders or encoders for PHP 7.4 although beta versions are available so it wont be too much longer at which point there will be a 4th different version.  It should be taken into account that PHP 5.6 and 7.0 are seriously out of date and have known security issues that are not being patched - sites running on these (and even 7.1 which is also now out of maintenance support) should be moved to PHP 7.3

On 6/27/2020 at 6:19 PM, bsmither said:

If you are referring to the announcements that your installation of CubeCart fetches from CubeCart HQ about available new versions of extensions that you have installed, I do not yet know 100% if there is any "version-check" being done when requesting these announcements

There is no version check and generally latest versions of plugins are designed to be run and compatible with the latest version of CubeCart.  While it is rare that a change in CubeCart version causes problems with plugins, it has happened and while it is sometimes possible to recode a plugin to work in a generalised way to cover all CubeCart versions, sometimes it is impossible.  It would also be impossible to have different versions of plugins to cover different versions of CubeCart (even in the few cases where this is absolutely needed) - moral of all of this, is always keep your store running on the latest version of CubeCart and one of the currently supported versions of PHP (bearing in mind the availability of ionCube) and therefore NEVER make changes to core CubeCart where at all possible.

Ian

It would help more people than just me if plugin release notes specified which version of CubeCart they were designed for (not just v6).  It would also help if older plugins were still available rather than being redirected to a new version that may not be compatible with my store.  Yes, I understand that keeping CubeCart bog standard makes things easier, but it doesn't meet every business need so my own upgrades are more difficult and  spaced further apart.

Back to my original question: Is the PayPal Commerce plugin only for UK, France, Italy, Spain - or is it going to work for all countries including Australia/New Zealand?

Edited by jasehead

Is the PayPal Commerce plugin only for UK, France, Italy, Spain - or is it going to work for all countries including Australia/New Zealand?

It's available pretty much world wide. Few countries are excluded. 

• 3 weeks later...

I'm having issues with the connection to Ideal.

I received a complaint from a Dutch customer, because she wanted to use Ideal, but it's not working. If she checks out, she just gets the invoice, but she is not referred to Ideal. She also says it's very confusing.

I tried to test it myself by logging into a Dutch server with VPN, but didn't see the Ideal logo before check out. After check out and choosing PayPal, I did see the Ideal logo, but then I get an error message that says: "Sorry, iDEAL can't be used for this purchase." I didn't get the invoice like the customer.

The customer then tried another time (and the order was doubled). She now first had to click 'PayPal', fill in e-mail address and telephone number and THEN she could proceed to Ideal. She showed me payment with Ideal, it's taken out of her account, but I didn't receive payment confirmation.

A few hours later, she received a message from PayPal: "Your payment of 20 July 2020 to DiMarca Online was unsuccessful. Amount will be refunded".

So in both cases it's somehow not working...

Even with the latest PayPal Commerce Platform 1.3.16 installed, I'm still seeing these Request Log errors.

Error: cURL Error (22): The requested URL returned error: 400 Bad Request

Response received (400 - Bad Request)

• 2 weeks later...

There is a known issue in Plesk with this extension.

cURL Error (22): NSS: client certificate not found (nickname not specified)

We believe this is due to OpenSSL version which cannot be upgraded. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/3/2020 at 6:12 PM, Al Brookbanks said:

It means it probably won't work with Plesk powered web hosting.

So the only way to resolve this is to move the site to a different hosting company? Will the other Paypal plugin work as is?

Edited by vidmarc
36 minutes ago, vidmarc said:

So the only way to resolve this is to move the site to a different hosting company? Will the other Paypal plugin work as is?

Possibly. I think you can fix it by configuring PHP to use a different version of openssl.

Just now, vidmarc said:

I have checked, we have OpenSSL 1.1.1d 10 Sep 2019 . I am told our site is not on a Plesk platform.

So this doesn't apply to you then.